Curb Appeal is Everything!
Now that the weather is cooler, it’s time to think about sprucing up your home’s exterior!
Here are five curb appeal tips to help you get started:
- Keep it simple. Use everyday items to create a stunning autumn look. The folks at Front Porch Ideas suggest “shopping” your own house for items to use. An ancient rocking chair, a rake–-maybe a broom? Pull it all together and get artistic and you’re set. Add a few gourds and a pot of mums and you’ve created the perfect décor for your front porch or stoop.
- Get the door! Turn your door into an autumn portal. It can be as easy as hanging an autumnal wreath. Want to give it a little more effort? Make the wreath yourself. Or take it to the next level and add a coat of paint. HGTV suggest going for a deep red.
- Clean up. No, this isn’t nearly as much fun as decorating, but you know it needs to be done. Empty those gutters. Rake those leaves. Pull up dead annuals. And don’t neglect your yard after the last mow of the season: You’ll probably need to keep edging and weeding for a few more weeks.
- Get lit! Instead of the bright colors of spring and summer, you can add warmth with the right lighting. With the holidays coming, this is the time to upgrade your exterior lighting. It’s not just ornamental; it makes the path to your house safer for your guests. We can help you come up with the right lighting design: Check out some of our projects.
- Plant flowers. Just because summer is over doesn’t mean you can’t have flowers-–from pansies and mums to goldenrod and sumac. And if you plant perennials, you’ll have a head start on next year’s fall garden.
Want to create the outdoor living spaces of your dreams this fall and for years to come? Contact us to get started today!