Entertaining outdoors during the summer can be both fun and difficult.
There are a lot of factors to consider that you don’t have to worry about when you throw a party indoors.
The following 5 tips will help you throw a successful outdoor summer party:
1) Choose simple foods that are going to stay fresh and inviting in a warm outdoor environment. Guests don’t want to eat food that makes them feel hot or that they suspect may be spoiled.
2) Serve cold beverages. Drinks that are cool and refreshing keep guests happy. Keep in mind that alcohol is dehydrating so have a variety of non-alcoholic choices. Plenty of ice is the key to keeping them (and food) cold.
3) Keep the bugs away. Insects can ruin a party. Unfortunately, in summer, you can’t avoid them. It is important to invest in some insect repelling instruments, such as citronella or mesh nets to cover food.
4) Use lights to set the mood. If your party is at night you are going to need lights. Lights can be functional and decorative at once. Citronella torches can give you a tiki party vibe or use strands of white Christmas lights for a more romantic feel.
5) Use the outdoors to enhance your ambiance. If you wanted an inside party you would have held it inside. Take advantage of the outdoors in developing your desired mood. For example, use garden flowers for centerpieces or arrange the seating to maximize views of nature.
Need help in creating your ideal outdoor space for entertaining? At Field of Dreams, we have the expertise to help make your ideas come alive. Please contact us to begin planning your dream outdoor space today.